[Digikam-users] Synchronize tags between exif metadata and digiKam

mcmatt mcmatt at mattlab.de
Tue Feb 21 10:50:16 GMT 2012

Hi,

How can I synchronize the tags in digiKam with the tags in the exif metadata
of my images?

I have both, tags in digiKam that are not yet in the exif (I forgot to
update the settings after switching to the development version of digiKam),
and tags in the exif metadata that are not yet imported to digiKam (mainly
because I removed tags from images and because the setting of saving tags in
the metadata was not set digiKam didn't remove them from the exif metadata).
(For me it would be fine to get first all tags everywhere -- import all tags
from exif to digiKam and write all tags in digiKam to exif -- as removing is
much easier than adding.)

Thanks for your help,

McMatt