[Digikam-users] digikam4.db, some questions...

buedi buedi at gmx.net
Wed Feb 15 16:56:22 GMT 2012

Hi,

I´m  interested  in  an  answer  to question 1 also. I ask this myself
since I started using digiKam.

I´m  not  sure  if  my answer to Question 2 appeals to you. But I also
wanted to use digiKam from several Computers and store all Information
on  my  NAS.  I  did  this  by  switching from the SQLite DB to MySQL.
Fortunately  I  have  a MySQL Server running on my NAS, so this is the
most flexible solution for me now.
Placing a DB file on a shared drive is a bit dangerous. If the file is
not  locked  when user A accesses it you might end up with a corrupted
Database  when  user  B accesses the same DB file and makes changes to
it.

Kind regards!