[Digikam-users] start dk and scan collection for faces from command line?

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Tue Feb 7 21:11:20 GMT 2012

Is there any way to start digikam from the command line and have it go
straight to scanning my album collection for faces?

Since dk crashes during scanning for faces I have been running it from
the command line in a loop (while true; do digikam; done) so that I
don't have to wait for dk to start up again after each crash, but I do
have to manually start the scan again each time. If I could
automatically have it go into scanning mode I could just leave it
running until it works its way through my collection.

Or fixing the bug would do ;-)

--
John Stumbles                                    http://stumbles.org.uk