[Digikam-users] Moving collection

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Feb 6 15:34:21 GMT 2012

Am 06.02.2012 15:27, schrieb Marie-Noëlle Augendre:
> I guess it depends how many folders/subfolders are concerned.

No, not really. A well set up rsync does it all. If all files digikam
needs are copied, run

rsync -avh /src/dir /dest/dir

and all missing and newer files from your source (including the dir) are
copied to the dest folder. If you want to copy the content of /src/dir
only (without the dir) use

rsync -avh /src/dir/ /dest/dir

So the slash after /src/dir makes the difference.

But just a question: Why do you want to handle your photos on an
external drive (only)?

Regards
Martin