[Digikam-users] Moving collection

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 6 15:25:16 GMT 2012

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> 2012/2/6 jdd <jdd at dodin.org>
>
>> Le 06/02/2012 14:40, Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
>>
>>  Making the move in Digikam will only move the files recognized by DK.
>>> All the RAW files that have been developped by Darktable have a XMP
>>> file that needs also to be moved to the same location.
>>>

>> it's not difficult to move the other files afterward with dolphin
>>
>> jdd

> I guess it depends how many folders/subfolders are concerned.
> Marie-Noëlle

And also how many non images files in these folders :-)

If this can help, I can suggest a trick I've already done in the past
(before switching to "all with Dolphin" philosophy now) :

In DK setup, "MIME Types" folder, you can add a dummy "xmp" extension in
the Additional image file extensions field, then restart DK.
Your xmp files, though unsupported, will be detected at scan time and
will appear in the albums icons views.
As they are now visible, you can select them along with your images
files, and move groups of files with drag/drop.

Regards,
Jean-François