[Digikam-users] moving raw pictures from digikam 2.5.0 on laptop to desktop

jon piesing jon33040 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 18:06:26 GMT 2012

Hi,

I need to move some raw pictures from digikam 2.5.0 on a laptop to digikam 2.5.0 on a desktop.
The pictures have been captioned and tagged.

If I generate XMP sidecars on the laptop with "Write to XMP sidecar for read-only image only" then I get XMP cars containing the captions and tags.

But, when I copy the pictures and the XMP sidecars over to the desktop, the XMP sidecars are ignored.
I have got "Read metadata from XMP sidecar files (experimental)" enabled.

Am I missing something? Should reading XMP sidecars just work? Is there a way to force digikam to read the sidecars?

Alternatively is there a better way to move raw pictures with captions and tags from one installation of digikam to another?

Thanks

Jon