[Digikam-users] Create albums by date uses the wrong date

Erick Moreno erickmoreno at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:45:02 GMT 2012

Hi everybody,

I use a lot the function that, at import time, create sub albums based on
the date of the picture. But, since I'm receiving a lot of pictures from
the internet, especially from minus.com, I noticed that this tool uses the
wrong date to create the sub albums.

When I try to create a sub album I want that this album have the date when
the **picture** was took, not the date when the **file** was created in my
filesystem.

What happens is that since I'm receiving old pictures from the past years,
the import tool always create a album with the date of the day that I
download the pictures from the internet, in that way, I  need to create all
the sub albuns manually to put the pictures in his proper place.

Any tip to make the import tool use the **exif** date instead of the **file**
date? Or any workaround to automate this operation to me?

Cheers

--
*Erick Moreno*
profiles.google.com/erickmoreno<https://profiles.google.com/erickmoreno/about>