[Digikam-users] Import speed, is it really that slow?

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 4 19:54:33 GMT 2012

Assuming you have reasonable hardware, something is wrong with the install.
At least when compared to a native Linux install (SuSE 11.4 in my case).
I do not have DK on Windows experiencefor comparison.

While here, I will also observe that when importing from SD cards, USB
is a significant contributor to normal delay.
I'll estimate that USB3 with a USB3 reader is 2x plus(faster) over same
card in a USB2 setup.