[Digikam-users] digiKam and Dropbox

Florian Lorenzen florian.lorenzen at tu-berlin.de
Sun Dec 16 20:30:42 GMT 2012

Hello,

I currently have all my photos and the digiKam SQLite database on my
Laptop backed up into a Dropbox.

I sync this via Dropbox onto our living room computer as well to show
photos on the TV. The problem is that digiKam records the UUID of the
disk the collection is stored on in the database. Since the two disks
carry different IDs, I have to adapt the ID whenever I go from one
computer to the other.

Is there a way to make digiKam UUID agnostic or some other solution to
this kind of setup?

(I am aware of the fact that I probably run into trouble if I,
unintentiously, simultaneously open the digiKam database on both
machines with the Dropbox synchronization in between.)

Thanks for any advices, best regards,

Florian

--
Florian Lorenzen

Technische Universität Berlin
Fakultät IV - Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Übersetzerbau und Programmiersprachen

Sekr. TEL12-2, Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, D-10587 Berlin

Tel.:   +49 (30) 314-24618
E-Mail: florian.lorenzen at tu-berlin.de
WWW:    http://www.user.tu-berlin.de/florenz/