[Digikam-users] Moving Remote Collection Howto?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Fri Dec 7 09:11:02 GMT 2012

Hello,

My digikam setup currently looks as follows:
1) a local mySQL database contains both metadata and thumbnails
2) the (main) collection resides on a network share which I mount as needed
on "/mnt/Images".

As I am putting a new NAS into use I would like to transfer the collection
(2) above) to that NAS and use a standard smba share path rather than having
to rely on manual mounting. How can I instruct digikam to modify database
information such that paths for the images are converted to the new
location? Is that even possible?

Thanks for any hints.

Sincerely, Joh