[Digikam-users] Sending Email

David Liell d.liell170 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 05:18:53 BST 2012

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems that I need to set my default email
client in KDE. Below are the Help instructions, but I cannot find the 'K'.
Where is this mystical letter?

"These steps will allow opening your desired email client when operating in
an integrated KDE or KDE-aware applicaion.

We need to open the KDE Control Center. Depeneding upon how your menu
system is layed out this might be done through one of several selection
paths, starting from the bottom Task Bar:

   - "K (start) -> System -> Configuration Editor"
   - "K (start) -> Configuration Editor"

With the KDE Configuration Editor open, now:

   1. Select "Components -> KDE Components -> Component Chooser".
   2. In the left list box, select "Mail Client".
   3. Check the radio button "Use a different email client".
   4. In the text box below that radio button, type the Full Path (Like
   /usr/bin/kmail), not just the path, to the executable program of your
   desired email client in the box - be that Thuderbird or something else.
   5. At the bottom of the dialog box, click "Apply".
   6. Close the KDE Configuration Editor."

I could find the Config Editor easily in Gnome, but not in KDE.