[Digikam-users] Panorama photo - horizontal scrolling

Michael digikam.org at koester-familie.de
Wed Aug 22 10:49:03 BST 2012

Dear Digikam users,

at our last vacation we made a lot of panorama photos, i.e., the camera
was combining the photos already on the spot and produced one big
jpeg-file for each panorama. When watching these photos on the device
the software scrolls in a horizontal direction over the image. However,
Digikam presents the picture in total. Of course, I can use the Ken
Burns effect but this isn't quite similar to the result I would like to
get. So my question is the following: Is it possible to start a
presentation and as soon as a panorama photo is shown the audience sees
it horizontal scrolled?

Alternatively, I can produce a video for each of the photos but I would
like to avoid the bash scripting and wasting the free space of my hard
drive.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Michael