[Digikam-users] Digikam rotation

Anatoly Burakov tony.mccourin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:53:36 BST 2012

Hi all

I've just encountered a very strange behaviour. I was selecting pictures to
move to another albums, and my touchpad had accidentally kicked off the
scroller (the laptop is old, false scrolls happen fairly regularly). Digikam
started to batch rotate images. Of course, since there was quite a few images
selected and i didn't want all of them to be rotated, i've pressed Abort on
each image. However, digiKam destroyed most of the images after i did that. By
destroyed i mean some of them are half greyed out (you know, when image is
incomplete), some of them became empty 0B sized files etc.

How does this even happen? Aren't all the actions supposed to be non-
destructive? Why did it kill my images?