[Digikam-users] Digikam for an ngo - looking for usage stats

Jan Geep g33plm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:03:23 BST 2012

Hi All

I'm looking into using DigiKam with a mysql backend for our photos and
was wondering would anyone have any usage stats that would help me
narrow down what sort of server specs I'd need to go with to host the
DB and the photos (sadly as an NGO funds are limited)?  How resource
intensive is having the thumbnails served from a DB, is there any way
to have served from the disk instead?

If it's any use, there are currently 23,000+ photos in the DB.

TIA