[Digikam-users] cannot play videos with kmplayer_part

Alois Wismer, Smart Systems GmbH Alois.Wismer at smart-systems.ch
Thu Apr 19 01:11:39 BST 2012

With Digikam 1.2.0 (on KDE 4.4.5) I want to play embedded a movie
(H264/AAC) in avi-format. With the default dragon_kpart I do not have
audio. So I installed kmplayer_part and set it as default embedded
video-player for avi-files in kde-system-settings. With Konqueror the
movie will be played embedded with kmplayer_part, but Digikam still
plays it with dragon_kpart! Even when I deinstall dragon_kpart, digikam
still plays the video with dragon_kpart.
How can I play videos in digikam embedded with kmplayer_part?

Thanks for any information

WeSee