[Digikam-users] using same digikam database in both windows & linux ?

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:05:38 BST 2012

Hello,

I'm mostly working on Digikam/Linux (currently 2.5.0/ppa + lubuntu
11.10), but in some case, I could be interested in using the same
database/files on different systems (for example, showing things on
other people's computer, with contents not written/present in images
file).
So the question, is it possible to use the same Database file on both
linux / Windows (Macos ?) ? or is it unix/windows-path like dependant
or other or some settings to adjust ?

Before I had all my files/pictures and database in ~/Images on
internal disk. As space started to lock, I moved to an external disk
with just a symlink.
Does switching collection to "removable" collection help in this kind
of case ? would it be possible to use it in read-only mode ?

Another constraint is my external disk is ext4, so would need to
switch to ntfs (as fat32 would no support the more than 4GB
thumbnails-digikam.db ...)

Thanks a lot.

Julien