[Digikam-users] Main Digikam image window is blank following MacPorts software upgrade

Phil Stanford phil.stanford at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 01:43:21 BST 2011

On 26 September 2011 15:47, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Definitively, there is a conflict here :
>
> kde4-baseapps                  @4.7.1          kde/kde4-baseapps
> kde4-runtime                   @4.7.1          kde/kde4-runtime
> kdebase4                       @4.6.5          kde/kdebase4
> kdebase4-runtime               @4.6.5          kde/kdebase4-runtime
>
> you must have 4.7.1 everywhere... This will trouble kioslave, i'm sure...
>
> kipi-plugins                   @1.8.0          kde/kipi-plugins
>
> ==> kipi-plugins have been updated too. Why to still at 1.8.0, not 2.0.0 ?
>
> Gilles Caulier

Thanks for your comments Gilles.
I checked again tonight for any updates, and there were what I guess were
patch releases for both SQlite and kdelibs4.
I installed them both - and somewhat to my surprise I got my thumbnails
back!
So I've no idea which update did the trick - I guess I should have tried
them one at a time to check.
The versions of kdebase4 and kdebase4-runtime are still listed as 4.6.5 as
before (there is no more recent version of this port).

The form of the folder icons is still the same as before and different from
in the documentation - but maybe that's just a factor of using a Mac, I
don't know.

regarding the Kipi-plugins port - the portfile comments
<https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/kde/kipi-plugins/Portfile>suggest
that these are now included in the Digikam port itself, and indeed looking
at the version number of a few of these, it is now coming up as 2.1.1 as per
the Digikam version, so I am assuming I have the latest plugin versions.

Macports seems to work very well as a repository for the Mac but the only
issue of course is one has to wait for the port maintainer to produce the
latest port of Digikam - luckily in this case 2.1.1 was updated on Macports
pretty quickly.

Many thanks for your suggestions
Phil