[Digikam-users] How do I restore comments (captions), titles and tags from digiKamdatabase?

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Fri Sep 23 10:22:53 BST 2011

Op 23-09-11 07:58, Larry CK schreef:
> On Thu 22 Sep 2011 10:17:31 BST, sleepless wrote:
>> Ok that road is closed.
>> If you have the info in the db and it is still linked to the photo´s
>> (wich I think is impossible) but you can not write it to photo, you
>> should check Settings->configure digikam->metadata->metadata writing
>> mode.
>>
>> If that doesn´t help you can try Setting-.configure digikam->
>> collections, remove your collection and add it again, maybe the link
>> between photos and db info will be restored, but this is pure
>> speculation.
>> Please keep me informed.
>> Rinus

>>> If you send them to trash from within dk they should the info should
>>> not exist in the db
>>> did you copy with filemanager and dk closed?
>>> if the tags exist in the db can you confirm they are still linked to
>>> the pictures or is it just orphanaged info
>>> Did you ever explicitly write your tags to picture?
>>> Are your original pictures available from trash

> Metadata writing settings only give various options to write metadata
> to file and my problem is that I no longer have the files.
>
> Removing and Adding collections didn't work
>
> I also run a SQL Query SELECT images.name, imagecomments.comment,
> imagecomments.type FROM images, imagecomments WHERE images.id =
> imagecomments.imageid AND images.name LIKE 'DSCN0%' and sample of the
> result is
>
> DSCN0379.JPG    a window    3
> DSCN0379.JPG    it looked like some king of political agenda leaflets
> in the window    1
>
> So the data is definitely in there.
So you say that you see in your album DSCN0379.JPG as a thumbnail and
this refers to the actually existing DSCN0379.JPG, you can open it in
image editor, and this JPG is at exactly the same path location as your
formerly deleted one but you do not see the metadata in rightpane  while
you are sure the info exist in the db and it is 100% the db that you are
actually using at the moment. Are all those assumptions correct?

I think, you did still not answer the question if you deleted your
pictures from within digikam or without digikam while digikam was not
running.
Regards,
Rinus