[Digikam-users] How do I restore comments (captions), titles and tags from digiKamdatabase?

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Thu Sep 22 10:17:31 BST 2011

Op 22-09-11 10:55, sleepless schreef:
> Op 22-09-11 09:57, Larry schreef:
>> If I understand correctly, reread metadata from image is reading data
>> stored in EXIF in the Photo (JPG) file itself. In my case, I no longer
>> have the files that had the metadata written to,
Ok that road is closed.
>> but I have the
>> metadata in the database.
If you have the info in the db and it is still linked to the photo´s
(wich I think is impossible) but you can not write it to photo, you
should check Settings->configure digikam->metadata->metadata writing mode.

If that doesn´t help you can try Setting-.configure digikam->
collections, remove your collection and add it again, maybe the link
between photos and db info will be restored, but this is pure speculation.
Please keep me informed.
Rinus