[Digikam-users] How do I restore comments (captions), titles and tags from digiKamdatabase?

Larry blackravener at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 08:57:51 BST 2011

If I understand correctly, reread metadata from image is reading data
stored in EXIF in the Photo (JPG) file itself. In my case, I no longer
have the files that had the metadata written to, but I have the
metadata in the database.

What happened in sequence was:

1. Taking pictures whilst camera time settings are incorrect
2. Transferring images (~1700) to dk album
3. Transferring another copy of the images to a subfolder within dk album
4. Adding title, caption and tags to about 200 of the images. I did
not change file names or edited images, however I have rotated some of
the images
5. Deciding to correct timestamps and messing things up
6. Removed all images with messed up timestamps from dk album
7. copied images from a backup (subfolder) to the dk album. Again -
file names didn't change.
8. Did image -> reread metadata from image to no avail
9. Checked Database - my tags, titles and caption are in the database

question still remains - how do I get digikam to read metadata from
the database and assign it back to the images