[Digikam-users] How do I restore comments (captions), titles and tags from digiKamdatabase?

RaveNBlack blackravener at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 06:17:00 BST 2011

I had an album with over 1700 photos in there. I have tagged (titles,
captions and tags, some geotags) couple hundred of them when I noticed that
my timestamps are incorrect (I forgot to adjust my cameras clock after
crossing several timezones). I attempted to correct this, but messed my
timestamps even more. So I decided to start from scratch and have
overwritten my pictures with messed up timestamps with untempered images
from a backup.

I did not change file names and I have not edited (except for rotating
several images) any of the pictures (no color correction or anything). I was
hoping that once I transfer images from the backup digikam will read
metadata from the database (SQLite) and reassign to the images as file names
are the same, file sizes are the same, etc. but that is not the case.

How can I restore metadate from the database and assign it to the images
again?