[Digikam-users] Panorama stitching tool

Benjamin GIRAULT benjamin.girault at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 19:13:39 BST 2011

Hi Antonio,

2011/9/17 Antonio Trincone <antonio.trincone at gmail.com>:
> I used it before 2.1.1 when I was using 1.9 version of Digikam.
> Now trying it with newer version it works well but instead of producing a
> panorama image with real shots it seems using thumbnails only. I say this
> 'cause the produced image is all black with in the center a small panorama
> assembled image from images I used. So all seems working just on thumbnails.
> Dimension of the new produced panorama is very small 200-300 kb starting
> with 2-3 images of 10+ Mb each.

If the image is mostly composed of black, the size will be most likely
small if it is a jpeg. What is important is the size in term of pixels
(what is the height and the width of the image in pixels).

Note that a big black area does not mean necessarily that the
thumbnails would have been used (which is would been strange). Anyway,
I need more data about the panorama:

 - As Rinus wrote: what kind of output did you ask? jpeg? tiff? hdr?
 - What kind of photos were you trying to stitch? jpegs? raws?
 - What is you version of Hugin? and was it the same before (this is important)?

Best Regards,

--
Benjamin Girault.