[Digikam-users] tool to view 4 images at once on screen (personal not related to dk)

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Fri Sep 16 15:14:05 BST 2011

Op 16-09-11 15:29, Jean-François Rabasse schreef:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
>> And how to synchronize views to zoom and pan canvas at the same time ?
>>
>> How to image by pair to compare side by side ?

>> What's about to show a preview of RAW image in gimp, without process
>> demosaicing ?
>
> Well, I didn't pretend GIMP was THE definitive solution to all
> problems:-)
> My comment was rather to point out an alternative to Gwenview.
> And, as usual, the best tool for someone will deeply depend on what you
> expect to do with. But I can answer to your objections :
>

>> And how to synchronize views to zoom and pan canvas at the same time ?
>
> Synchronisation, you're right, this requires a single partitionned
> window to handle that. With a "any windows number" tool, you don't get
> synchronisation. But you're not stuck to 2, 4 or 6 images at a time.
Gwenview: contol/shift click in thumbnail bar and to select any number
of pictures (up to 6 I beleave) to compare, rightclick synchronize,
control left click to zoom in contol rightclick to zoom out, move
sliders to sychronuously move around.

More than 6 looks quite pointless, select the best and add 5 new ones
and select the best again.
This could be copied not improved.
Digikam and Gwenview makes a perfect match for me.
Rinus