[Digikam-users] Any thoughts on RAM needs?

Rinus Bakker sleeplessregulus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:13:51 BST 2011

I was suspicious about the db being broken and was hoping for that (it can
be fixed) and was fearing that (it cause an awfull lot of work)
Putting the answers of Gilles and Remco together makes me even more
suspicious about that scenario.

That´s why I came with this question a while ago:
I suppose that the db becomes more and more messy by adding, removing and
readding etc etc, I wonder if someone knows if and if, how it is possible to
optimize the db in order to have quicker search capabillity.
A few filtering actions can make it quite unresponsive.

and with this question:
Does anyone know if this
cleanup_digikamdb.1 by Andy Clemens
is still valid to use with current digikam db?

And any ideas what to do with that cleanup_digikamdb.1 file?

If there is a way of fixing I would prefer to try before starting all over
again.

Thanks
Rinus