[Digikam-users] Migration problems - Digikam 1.8 to 2.0

Rinus Bakker sleeplessregulus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:27:01 BST 2011

2011/9/13 KrpaN <bojan007 at gmail.com>

>  On 13. 09. 2011 10:49, Rinus Bakker wrote:
>

> 2011/9/13 KrpaN <bojan007 at gmail.com>
>
>>  On 12. 09. 2011 21:04, Anders Stedtlund wrote:
>>
>> This is not going to help but I'm just curious. (I might have missed
>> something in the conversation...)
>>
>> Do you really mean that you lose all your tags whenever you upgrade to
>> a new version? I can't remember that I ever have had that problem when
>> upgrading to a new version.
>>
>> /Anders
>>
>>  Yes, I always lose all My Tags when upgrading major version.
>>
>> On the other hand, my question was probably not set properly. The real
>> problem is: how to migrate/transfer the entire digikam scheme (pictures, My
>> Tags etc.) from one computer to another, or in Linux, from one user to
>> another 8same or different machines). Because, when I copy/move pictures and
>> database from one machine to another, tags are lost. Which digikam files
>> must be copied/moved in order to proceed further without any loss.
>>
>> Bojan
>>
>>  Well, that is indeed a complete different question. I did many such
> migrations without any problem i.e. from one computer to another, not from
> user to user, but that should be not harder.
>
> I am taking here about linux, so I hope you are on linux too
>
> #############################################
>
> Yes, I am on Linux. And just copying directories with photos and
> digikam4.db never helped. There must be something else or in a different
> way. Writing metadata, as suggested by one guy, made no difference at all.
> So, any useful suggestion, that would help to keep My Tags intact, is
> appreciated.
>
> Bojan

You should read my message more carefully, I was not talking about just
copieing stuff, I explained a detailed verified procedure to you.
If you encounter trouble to follow the procedure, you are invited to ask for
specific help at each point.

I guess, you hoped for a magic answer, there isnĀ“t, you have just to follow
the procedure.

Best regards,
Rinus