[Digikam-users] Migration problems - Digikam 1.8 to 2.0

KrpaN bojan007 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:06:42 BST 2011

On 13. 09. 2011 10:49, Rinus Bakker wrote:

> 2011/9/13 KrpaN <bojan007 at gmail.com <mailto:bojan007 at gmail.com>>
>
>     On 12. 09. 2011 21:04, Anders Stedtlund wrote:
>>     This is not going to help but I'm just curious. (I might have missed
>>     something in the conversation...)
>>
>>     Do you really mean that you lose all your tags whenever you upgrade to
>>     a new version? I can't remember that I ever have had that problem when
>>     upgrading to a new version.
>>
>>     /Anders
>     Yes, I always lose all My Tags when upgrading major version.
>
>     On the other hand, my question was probably not set properly. The
>     real problem is: how to migrate/transfer the entire digikam scheme
>     (pictures, My Tags etc.) from one computer to another, or in
>     Linux, from one user to another 8same or different machines).
>     Because, when I copy/move pictures and database from one machine
>     to another, tags are lost. Which digikam files must be
>     copied/moved in order to proceed further without any loss.
>
>     Bojan
>
> Well, that is indeed a complete different question. I did many such
> migrations without any problem i.e. from one computer to another, not
> from user to user, but that should be not harder.
>
> I am taking here about linux, so I hope you are on linux too

Yes, I am on Linux. And just copying directories with photos and
digikam4.db never helped. There must be something else or in a different
way. Writing metadata, as suggested by one guy, made no difference at
all. So, any useful suggestion, that would help to keep My Tags intact,
is appreciated.

Bojan