[Digikam-users] digiKam 2.1 and database errors

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 10:46:16 BST 2011

About binary packaging, i cannot help more to guide where is the
dysfunction. I don't package, i develop source code.

All dysfunction traces that i see in ML, bugzilla, or facebook group
are relevant of a broken binary compatibility with libkexiv2. This lib
must be recompiled and installed. digiKam must be recompiled against
this lib.

To be sure, check in Help/Components info dialog after recompilation
and installation. The last version of libkexiv2 must be used by
digiKam. If it's not the case, multiple instance of lib exist on your
computer and cmake don't use the most recent version (or something
like that)

Note :I don't use ubuntu like distro, i'm working on Mageia, and i
recompile all digiKam é co myself. I never use pre-compiled package.

Best

Gilles Caulier