[Digikam-users] Local Collections Options

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Mon Sep 5 14:53:00 BST 2011

Op 05-09-11 15:39, Dr Colin Lloyd schreef:
> Hi Rinus,
>
> Thanks for quick reply.
> Tried first method - but it fails because all folders are inside /home/
> directory - so moving a folder of photos anywhere else is automatically
> included in the Digikam startup - it justs scans the new or moved directory
> into the new setup. So when you try and create a new collection with the new
> folder name - it says it already has it. It's a bit of a catch 22 - but very
> Linux - the action being very recursive.
> Unless you have another method - I will copy all the directories onto external
> backup and then recreate from scratch the Digikam Collection setup and then
> reload the images etc back into the new collection format. A bit of a job -
> with 18Gb of movies and 25 Gb of photos - but nevermind.
>
> Thanks
> Colin
Yes, you should be able to do this method to your external drive as it
is supposed not to be in your home, and afterwards moving them back
using the same method. Eitherway, it will keep you busy some time.
Thanks for telling me about my erronuous method although it just dropped
in to my mind at the very same moment.
Rinus