[Digikam-users] Local Collections Options

Dr Colin Lloyd colin at environmetrics.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 14:39:23 BST 2011

Hi Rinus,

Thanks for quick reply.
Tried first method - but it fails because all folders are inside /home/
directory - so moving a folder of photos anywhere else is automatically
included in the Digikam startup - it justs scans the new or moved directory
into the new setup. So when you try and create a new collection with the new
folder name - it says it already has it. It's a bit of a catch 22 - but very
Linux - the action being very recursive.
Unless you have another method - I will copy all the directories onto external
backup and then recreate from scratch the Digikam Collection setup and then
reload the images etc back into the new collection format. A bit of a job -
with 18Gb of movies and 25 Gb of photos - but nevermind.

Thanks
Colin

Message: 6