[Digikam-users] Local Collections Options

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Mon Sep 5 11:53:41 BST 2011

Hi Colin,

If I understand your problem correct I think this will work.

method 1:

Create some directory ¨photo¨ (ex) wherever you want to have al your
pictures in a directory structure.
add this dir to digikam: Settings>Configure DigiKam>Collections>Local
Collections
If you want so, do make subdirs
No drag your folders from within digikam albumview to your new structure.
If done delete your old collections.

Now you have a collection only containing your folders with media on it
and maintain your tags etc.

Your media has moved to different locations, if you do not want that you
can choose to do

method 2:
tools->write metadata to picture
start all over again by adding only the folders containing media to your
collections
album->read metadata to pictures (I think you have to do that album by
album)
Note:  a) I This sulution will not work if you have raw pictures in your
collection.
            b) I consider this methode as potentially unsafe.

If both methods do not suit your needs, the only way I can think of is
heavy manupilation of the db.
Seems very dagerous to me.

Please, be so kind to report your findings back.

Regards,
Rinus