[Digikam-users] Rating Pyramid (database subset statistics)

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Fri Sep 2 19:46:32 BST 2011

Thanks for the explanation. I am certainly going to experiment and quite
surprised that code can be executed without compiling and linking.
Is it recommended to play with a copy of the db, or can it not be hurt
in anyway?
Rinus
Op 02-09-11 18:06, Johnny schreef:
> sleepless<sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>  writes:
>
>> As this is a user list, supposed to be photographers rather than programmers,
>> there might be some more guiding needed for us to be able to play with
>> it.
> You need to have Python 2 installed and the mentioned Python modules
> (sqlite, tkinter). I posted tentative instructions for Fedora, as this
> is the platform I use and am familiar with. If you have this
> installed, just :
>
> 1) download the script
> 2) make it executable (as superuser)
>     su
>     [type your su password]
>     chmod 755 ./ratingpyramid.py
>     exit
> 3) run the script from the command line
>     ./ratingpyramid.py /your/path/to/digikam_images.db
>     (Change the path to the full path to /your/ digikam db however!)
>
>> Or if it not is meant for us to play with you should maybe post it in the
>> devellopers list, although I would rather see the programmers work on the core
>> of digikam instead of implementing such fancy stuff.
> I guess it is individual whether it is "fancy stuff" or an efficient
> tool in your digital asset management
Of course, I was speaking for myself, and fancy stuff was in no way ment
to be offencive.