[Digikam-users] Do you want to try digiKam and/or showFoto on Ubuntu but you are running Windows have a look at this.

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:45:34 BST 2011

2011/9/1 sleepless <sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>:

> On certain occasions this could be useful to me. I can not find in my
> mailbox and the archives appear hardly searchible
>
> Could I consider the text shown beneath that has been brought up by google
> as your final text?

Yes, I think it is my last message on the subject.

> If so could it be improved in the sense that it becomes reproducable by
> almost anyone regardles which platform they prefer?.
> I myself may not be the smartest person around but I don´t think I could do
> with this text.
>
> Rinus

The thing is you have to create you own LiveUSB, as those provided by
the distros won't include Digikam; additionally, if you want to retain
your settings from one session to the next, you need to make room for
some persistent data in /home.
Apart from that, the LiveUSB creation is done according to standard procedures.
But I did this on a Linux machine, and I wouldn't know how to proceed
on a Windows computer.

I can confirm I have been able to use this LiveUSB on about 10
different PCs; unfortunately, Macs are a different story...

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en herbe

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes Plurielles

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil générale