[Digikam-users] Sorting pictures

Dick Angus dicknskip at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 25 22:40:04 BST 2011

I have used Digikam a fair bit for several years and really enjoy it. However,
I just found a new issue that I could use help with.

Four of us just went on a vacation carrying 3 cameras. We all took pictures in
all the locations we visited. I have modified the metadata so that I know who
took each photo. I would like to be able to merge all three sets of photos
from a given location in one Digikam album so that they are in order. I know
that renaming is one way, but that's awkward. Is there a drag and drop
capability that can be used visually and then automatically rename all the
photos once they are in my drag and drop order?

TIA guys
--
a note from Dick's desk