[Digikam-users] Can Digikam cater for a multi-user environment?

Hanh Tran Tran.Hanh at abc.net.au
Wed Oct 19 02:38:23 BST 2011

Hi all,

I am Hanh Tran, executive producer for Radio Australia (the international broadcasting arm of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation). I've been given the task of finding a system to help RA manage its multimedia content.

What we need is a multi-user database based on metadata. The creation and search functions should be in integrated into the system.

Briefly, our operating environment and needs are as follows:

*         50 content makers (end users)

*         10 multimedia producers (administrators who can edit and upload content)

*         Windows XP and Mac

*         Product mix: photos, video clips (10,000 items/yr)

*         staff and public access

*         Server-based storage with automatic backup

*         Searchable database of permanent metadata tags

*         Part of library published on Flickr and social networks with RA watermark
Do you think Digikam can cater for our needs?

Regards,

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC8E5B.FD5F2160]<http://www.abc.net.au/>

Hanh Tran
Executive Producer, Radio Australia

+61 3 9626 1933

+61 412 616 882

tran.hanh at abc.net.au<mailto:tran.hanh at abc.net.au>

+61 3 9626 1957

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC8E5B.FD5F2160]<http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/renovate/>

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments.