[Digikam-users] A HOWTO for using the Marble widget?

Milko Krachounov nabble-kde-digikam at milko.3mhz.net
Tue Oct 18 13:57:39 BST 2011

On Tuesday 18 October 2011, 15:12:27 Anders Lund wrote:
> If you changed images already known to digikam, you migt need to tell
> digikam to rescan them if it does not pick up on it automatically.

It appears that this has been the issue.

When I tried, it did show a map in Photo -> Location, it did show the location
correctly in the metadata tab, and everything, but the marble widget on the
right didn't work until I re-read all the data.

So:
1. Geotagging with exiftool is recognized just fine
2. I had some little issue by figuring out the metadata of which photos is
rescanned (I assume that it's of the album without the subalbums, but I might
be wrong), so I had to click it a few times until I got my images re-read.

Thank you very much.