[Digikam-users] Problem with new hard disk containing existing images

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Mon Oct 10 09:54:45 BST 2011

Thanks for all the replies. I have now sorted it.

As has been said there needs to be some easier way of doing all this.

I do not think that UUIDs should be externalised to the end user, this
has happened on Mandriva recently with USB sticks with no label which
get mounted at a default folder using the UUID. It did not go down well....

I think the right way for Digikam to handle things like this should be
to check at start up to see if the UUID has changed and then ask the
user to confirm the location for the collections (assuming that the
mount point has not disappeared), at this time there should be an option
for the user to correct the location (if that is what they require). I
do not believe that any change should be made to the collection
locations without prior confirmation from the user.

The problem I had was that the location was changed without any
confirmation from me, this is simply unacceptable.

Stuart

>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/jdddodinorg
>>> http://jdd.blip.tv/

Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk