[Digikam-users] Problem with new hard disk containing existing images

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Sun Oct 9 18:10:44 BST 2011

Rinus I do see in some ways what you are saying but quite honestly since
the disk is mounted at the same mount point within my user space as the
old one I expected Digikam to just read the new one, find the database
and the read the collections but it has actually read the new copy of
the database and then updated all the collections to point to the old
hard disk mount point which I do not believe should be correct operation.

So now I have the new copy of the database pointing to all the old
copies of the photographs.

I expected it to read whatever the hard disk is mounted at that original
mount point and get on with it, not to do what it has done and
effectively corrupt the database with wrong pointers. It really should
not care which hard disk is mounted but simply read the one which is.

This makes it very difficult to upgrade a hard disk to a larger one and
makes far more work then should be necessary.

Stuart

Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org