[Digikam-users] Digikam and the KDE

Karl Günter Wünsch kgw at mineralien-verkauf.de
Sun Oct 9 14:22:31 BST 2011

On Sunday 09 October 2011, jdd wrote:
> may be use xfce and digikam? unselect the kipi plugin you don't need
> and voilà
I'll see if digikam still compiles without Akonadi and Nepomuk being available
at all... It's worse enough that face detection can't be disabled outright in
a similar way!

> > worst offender isn't digikam, it's kmail 2 there the brokenness of the
design
> > extends to losing emails while downloading them from pop3 servers
>
> use imap?
IMap is not an option for various reasons, so kmail 2 is the first one to go
to be replaced with Thunderbird... But that's off topic and not part of the
discussion here.
regards
Karl Günter