[Digikam-users] Digikam and the KDE

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Oct 9 13:35:26 BST 2011

On Søndag den 9. oktober 2011, Karl Günter Wünsch wrote:
> I am migrating away
> from using KDE as my main desktop because of the errant ways it took - the
> whole Nepomuk and Akonadi mess is - well a mess.

Difficult/new things are hard to achieve. Not being able to use that lattest
kdepim myself, I look forward to doing that, as much as I enjoy the evolving
benefits of nepomuk. I agree that there is still work to be done before it
works, but the promises makes it worth while :)

That said, KDE is in a process of modularizing itself, making the porential
dependencies lighter and easier to maintain. Already you do not need very much
in order to build kde applications, and digikam does not require anything but
what it uses.

If you do not want to go through the trouble of building the software on your
own but still want to stay up to date, use a system/distro that does ;)
--
Anders