[Digikam-users] Re : Choose another ICC profile for converting pictures

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Oct 7 14:07:00 BST 2011

Am 07.10.2011 14:50, schrieb sleepless:
> Thank you Remco and Martin for your detailed and to the point responses.
> It has been all very informative.
> I had a dream but my final conclusion is that I am doomed to share my
> life with windows.

I would not second that. I work with Linux exclusively since more than
ten years. Only for my tax software I run windows once a year. And even
colour management is possible.

Working with Linux is different and as such difficult to many users. But
colour management is difficult regardless of the OS. Setting it up is
only a small part of it. Most software hides the complexity on windows
and MacOS but with this takes away the flexibility. It is the same with
photo handling. Why on earth do camera manufacturer remove raw
processing on cheep cameras without an option to enable it? Because no
one wants to use it? Because users get confused by that option? Same is
true for many other settings.

Many are satisfied with this setup but those who are not, what can they
do besides buying a different piece of hardware?

I don't care if other users uses windows. If they are satisfied with it
its OK. But many do not know that there is an alternate option out there
which fits their needs as well.

But this has nothing to do with digikam.

Martin