[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.2 does not start on OpenSuse 11.4

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 6 13:09:19 BST 2011

On Thursday 06 October 2011 12:36:25 Larry wrote:

> > I would be surprised if that version is build against 4.7.x : iirc, that
> > repository is to be used with the standard 11.4 KDE version, which is
> > 4.6.0. They also only have an i586 package (i.e. 32-bit) and no 64-bit
> > version.
> I thought this one is 64it ->
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/UpdatedApps/openSUSE_11.4/x86
> _64/digikam-2.2.0-14.2.x86_64.rpm
>
> is it not?

It is, my mistake :/, sorry for that.

I still think those are supposed to be used with the 11.4 default KDE version
(4.6) though, so that might still cause grief when using that package in a 4.7
environment (YAST/zypper should warn though in that case, so a bug report
might be in order anyway if the package doesn't work).

Did you try the 'ldd' command?

Remco