[Digikam-users] Digikam memory usage

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 16:31:44 GMT 2011

Which version you use ?

Since 2.2.0 i work on import tool to limit memory consumption due to
thumbnail processing. There is a cache interface now. Also, before this
version, all thumbs from camera been processed. Now, only item displaed in
icon view are processed on the fly.

I recommend to use 2.3.0. There is a little bug in this cache interface
which can crash digiKam with AVI file. Marcel has fixed it with 2.3.0
release.

Best

Gilles Caulier