[Digikam-users] Old mails

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 22:34:28 GMT 2011

Stan Goodman <stan.goodman at hashkedim.com> writes:

> On Thursday 10 November 2011 23:03:13 Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> pending queue mails from mailing list server processed by admin. You
>> can trash all of them... (:=)))
>
> They were a considerable annoyance to deal with, and a waste of time for
> the users of this list. I notice in your brief explanation quoted above
> that you don't see any need for an apology for that, nor did you even
> comment on it until directly questioned.
>
> When it happens again, is there a chance that you would be able to trash
> the detritus locally, all at once, instead of letting everyone do that
> on his own copy?

I don't see it appropriate to criticise developers providing us with
free software and advice for also moderating a mailing list which users
voluntarily sign up for.

If you have a problem with old mails, set up a filter in your mail
client that automatically deals with this, if you have a problem with
identical messages (don't see how you would be receiving mails that are
stuck in the list filter though...), filter on message id, if you have a
problem with the mailing list, just unsubscribe!

Or why not volunteer as a mailing list as a moderator and contribute
yourself to the community instead of demanding apologies from people who
actually do?!?!

--
Johnny