[Digikam-users] Importing images from camera(olympus e-300) into digiKam(1.7.0) on win xp 32bit

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 06:38:49 GMT 2011

2011/11/8 alexander pylyser <apylyser at gmail.com>

> Hey Andrew,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I switched to digiKam 2.2.0(the most recent version for windows I
> believe?).

2.3.0 installer just available

> When the program opens I only have one option and that is to import via
> Cameras. Import via USB Storage Devices is greyed out and I am not able to
> access this.

USB device pop-up dialog require windows right to patch windows base
registery. It's not yet done in installer and it's planed by Ananta who
package digiKam for windows.

USB auto-detection through Solid interface is not complete into KDELibs and
do not work yet.

Temporally solution : plug your camera, mount device with explorer, and
import this folder in digiKam through import tool.