[Digikam-users] Importing images from camera(olympus e-300) into digiKam(1.7.0) on win xp 32bit

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 23:20:36 GMT 2011

On 08/11/11 16:26, alexander pylyser wrote:
> Hey Andrew,
>
> Thank you for your response.

I no longer run digikam on Windows so I cannot test the behaviour with a
direct comparison.

> I switched to digiKam 2.2.0(the most recent version for windows I
> believe?). When the program opens I only have one option and that is to
> import via Cameras. Import via USB Storage Devices is greyed out and I
> am not able to access this.

Was this with the camera connected and turned on? The menu item is
greyed out unless there is a suitable USB device available. Can you see
the camera as a disk drive in Windows Explorer? If so you can always
just use Explorer to copy the pictures from the camera.
Have you checked the USB setup in the camera's menus?

Andrew