[Digikam-users] speed up workflow

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Tue Nov 1 20:24:15 GMT 2011

Op 01-11-11 21:05, Anders Lund schreef:
>>> Where? I might be silly, but I can not seem to find that. Do i need to
>>> log in or something? :$
>> It is good to now that you find it under ¨Hi google+ Here is my
>> awetumn¨, in case you got into my page.
>> Rinus
> Thank you - I did not notice the small unfold link, so silly I am...
>
> I never used gwenview compare mode for photos, I either use the lighttable in
> digikam, or simply browse through my images in full screen, setting flags and
> ratings. And everytime I use batch mode, I end up either a little bit unhappy,
> or converting/editing manually anyway... But it is very convenient indeed! And
> of course I would take much more time...
Idealy you should have six variations in this way

I add to the name
_LC for local contrast
_AL for auto level
_AE for auto exposure

and we need to have

img.png
img_AL.png
img_AE.png
img_LC.png
img_LC_AL.png
img_LC_AE.png

after that we have to visually sort it out, that´s not a big prize taken
the fact the the usabillity score is very high.

I asked Gilles what he thinks about the implementation of doing all this
on one selection.
Picking the right one is so much quicker than manually editing. I am
doing up to 1000 pictures per week.
> Maybe I will try if the weather is right this weekend, and get 7 images
> processed using batch que only.
>
> Looks like you live in a nice spot, btw :)
I can´t complain.