[Digikam-users] Re: re Windows version

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:19:52 BST 2011

I agree with you. A lots of bunch are installed in parallel. But indeep it's
not digiKam problem, it's windows installer problem.

I'm not agree with your viewpoint. The interrest in  KDE team about digiKam
exist, and this is why 1.7.0 packages have been created.

To make windows packages is simple, but take a while, especially if code do
not compile : patches need to be written.

But for digiKam it's not the case, because I MAINTAIN myself whole digiKam
source code under Win7 with MINGW and VISUALC++ compilers. digiKam compile
fine as well. this want mean that KDE team just need to run package script,
and that all.

Currently i just finish to compile digiKam software compilation 2.0.0 beta6
on my laptop (win7 MSVC2008), and all is fine. It run as expected, with
KDELibs bugs of course.

If somebody feel to be a digiKam contributor, not as developer, but as
windows packager, i can guide him in this task. I'm developer, not packager.
I cannot do all...

Gilles Caulier