[Digikam-users] Re: Any further Windows development?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:27:13 BST 2011

The problem with windows stuff, is to have time to do it...

Tipically, this job is delegate to KDE Windows team. This is why this
project exist. They have time, ressource, and guy to do it.

Personnally, i'm the author (With Julien Narboux) of stand alone
version for windows (outdated now). I build it on my computer to learn
NSIS windows installer. I have no plan to maintain it as well.

My prefered devel env. still Linux so far. Windows hack is poor
compared to linux. But i maintain my laptop with digiKam for windows
source code to check if all compile fine under Win7 + Visual C++.

So, what's can be do ? Find somewhere in KDE win team or a windows
user motivated to setup a devel. env and compile/packaging digiKam as
well.

It's not too difficult to do (outside test and hack of course) but it
take a while. And time is precious...

Also, remember that a lots of bug under digiKam for windows come from
KDELIbs, not digiKam source code...

Best

Gilles Caulier