[Digikam-users] [SPAM] Hello dear digikam users: problem installing digikam 2.0.0 beta 6

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Fri May 20 11:02:30 BST 2011

I installed digikam 2.0.0 beta 6 from git on an amd64 computerer Ubuntu
11.04.

My installation has ended up with all albums reported as zero images and
nothing displayed.

Typicly errors like this are shown in console:

> couldn't create slave: "Unable to create io-slave:
>
> klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamdates'

A search on the net learns that this type of problems exists about as
long as digikam does. Looks like there was never found one consitent
solution.
Poeple tried a lot of different thing that may work or work not for others.

Any help is appreciated!

regards
Rinus