[Digikam-users] Re: Database on Mysql on localhost.

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Thu May 19 20:16:55 BST 2011

On Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:37:16 PM Gilles Caulier wrote:
> I can only said that a lots of problem with Mysql support have been
> fixed in current implementation from git master (next 2.0.0-beta6),
> by Francesco...
>
> i can only recommend to compile and test this version on your
> computer, if you want to use MySql in production...
Just downloaded and tried to compile the latest Digikam git versionI
found on your site. The cmake command gave me errors on several
libraries that it said were not installed. In checking they are
installed but have different version numbers in there name.

Example
<Code>
----------
rpm -q libkipi
package libkipi is not installed

rpm -q libkipi8
libkipi8-4.6.3-4.2.x86_64
</Code>
------------

<Code>
----------

libkipi8 - KDE Image Plug-In Interface

/usr/lib64/libkipi.so.8
/usr/lib64/libkipi.so.8.0.0
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/kipi.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/kipi.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/kipi.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/kipi.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/kipi.png
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kipi
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kipi/data
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kipi/data/kipi-icon.svg
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kipi/data/kipi-logo.svg
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kipi/data/kipi-plugins_logo.png
/usr/share/kde4/servicetypes/kipiplugin.desktop

13 files total
</Code>

I have not done much compiling and what I ahve done did not use git
versions. Do I need to change something in the CMakeLists.txt or
CMakeFiles.txt?

I used  cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/

Remember I am on openSUSE 11.4 (2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop)

Any help is appreciated. I want to see if this will correct my problem
accessing the mysql database on localhost.

Thanks for your responses so far.